These small altars are stations of the Via Sacra, located in some of the streets of Olivenza. They are related to the Domingo de Pasos (Passion Sunday) in which the image of the patron, the Señor de los Pasos (the Nazarene who is venerated in Santa Maria Magdalena) is carried in a procession along the road to the Calvary. They are the last vestiges of the Portuguese heritage of the city and its Holy Week. The age and creator of these small chapels is unknown, but it is thought that they are from after 1631.
Like the others, attached to the façade of a house, it reproduces neoclassical forms around a high doorway, with a semi-circular arch and framed by false pilasters that simulate supporting an entablature of different cornices on which lateral acroteria appear, and in the centre is a pediment with a cross. Wrought-iron glass doors have recently replaced the old wooden doors that did not allow the interior to be seen.
The simple altar has been clad in marble, like that of Santa Maria and Avenida de Portugal, and its walls have been lined with historic tiles. Here, these tiles reproduce the second station: "Jesus with the Cross on his back". On the side walls, like in the other renovated pasos, the coat of arms of Olivenza and of the Hermandad de las Llagas or Señor de los Pasos are reproduced. The tiles are also from "Atelier Espaço 4" in Caldas da Rainha, by the artist Ricardo Roque, dating from 1991.